Thomas Built Buses GrantPrint
Beginning in 1994, Thomas Built Buses agreed to award a $2,500 grant to a member of NSTA for
continuing education purposes. Only one award is presented each year and an individual may receive
the award only once.
1. The nominator must be a member in good standing of the National School Transportation
Association for at least three consecutive years, and a school bus contractor for at least three
2. The nominator must be a member of the state contractors’ association, if there is one, for at least
three consecutive years.
3. Only an individual may be nominated and be eligible for this award. A company’s location may
receive the award more than once, but an individual may only receive this award one time. The
person must apply as an individual. They then must meet the requirements of number one,
under Eligibility, plus be employed at the same location for at least five consecutive years.
4. Only one award may be given out annually; grant funds must be used within two years of the
award. Otherwise, they revert back to NSTA for additional grant recipients.
Either a state contractors’ association or an NSTA contractor member may nominate. Written
nominations must be received in the NSTA office by March 15, 2019.
1. All nominations, including all verifying information and photos, must be received at the NSTA
office by March 15, 2019. Mail to 623 N Broad Street Lansdale, PA 19446.