> Awards > Award Information and Applications
Program Information and Applications
|The National School Transportation Association recognizes contractors, operators, and drivers who have made substantial contributions to the industry and to those we serve. During the NSTA Convention and Annual Meeting each summer, eight different awards are given by NSTA to celebrate these contributions.
Please review the links below to download the awards application for which you would like to nominate your employee or colleague. The NSTA Awards available are:
- First awarded in 1969, the Golden Merit Award recognizes excellence in service, safety, and community responsibility.
- The Hall of Fame Award, first given in 1992, recognizes excellence in long-term efforts.
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes special contributions made to pupil transportation contracting. These awards were first given in 1993.
- The Thomas Built Buses, Inc., Continuing Education and Professional Growth Grant is given to a member contractor or staff to support continuing education. This grant was first awarded in 1994.
- The Outstanding Driver Service Award is given to a school bus driver who has demonstrated exemplary safety performance and a commitment to excellence. This award was created in 2002.
- The Outstanding School Transportation Administrator Award was created in 2006 to recognize school transportation administrators who share our commitment to the safe transportation of our nation's school children.
- The Go Yellow, Go Green Award was created to recognize a leader in the school bus industry who has demonstrated initiative and commitment in pursuing positive responses to growing environmental concerns. A single award may be presented annually to the NSTA member who, through corporate practice and industry leadership, best demonstrates the principles of NSTA’s Go Yellow, Go Green campaign.
- In 2009, NSTA established the Meritorious Service Award to recognize an individual who has displayed unparalleled vision, support and leadership toward improving pupil transportation safety and promotion of NSTA and the school bus industry.
- NSTA’s Clean Diesel Sub-Committee will continue its NSTA Green Fleet Certification program for NSTA member operators, and other school bus operators wishing to be recognized for their efforts in striving to operate a more emissions responsible fleet.
Past award winners have been recognized by their peers as worthy of the highest distinctions in the industry. You can view the the winners from the 2013 Awards Program and view a list of winners from all previous years.
Please note: Award winners must be present at the NSTA Annual Meeting & Convention to receive an Award.
Search the NSTA database for a full listing of bus transportation contractors by state.
If you are a member, you can access the newsletter in the members-only area. If you aren't a member, click here to learn more about joining NSTA.