NSTA offers various awards and grants to it's dedicated and participative members. Please see the following information for direct links to applications, general information, and criteria for each award.
- The Golden Merit Award recognizes excellence in service, safety, and community responsibility.
- The Hall of Fame Award recognizes excellence in long-term industry efforts.
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes special contributions made to pupil transportation contracting.
- The Thomas Built Buses, Inc., Continuing Education and Professional Growth Grant is given to a member contractor or staff to support continuing education.
- The Outstanding Driver Service Award is given to a school bus driver who has demonstrated exemplary safety performance and a commitment to excellence.
- The Outstanding School Transportation Administrator Award recognizes school transportation administrators who share our commitment to the safe transportation of our nation's school children.
- The Go Yellow, Go Green Award was created to recognize a leader in the school bus industry who has demonstrated initiative and commitment in pursuing positive responses to growing environmental concerns. A single award may be presented annually to the NSTA member who, through corporate practice and industry leadership, best demonstrates the principles of NSTA’s Go Yellow, Go Green campaign.
- The Meritorious Service Award recognizes an individual who has displayed unparalleled vision, support and leadership toward improving pupil transportation safety and promotion of NSTA and the school bus industry.
- NSTA continues the Green School Bus Fleet Certification program for NSTA member contractors, and other school bus contractors wishing to be recognized for their efforts in striving to operate a more emissions responsible fleet.