NSTA offers various awards and grants to it's dedicated and participative members. Please see the following information for direct links to applications, general information, and criteria for each award.
- The Golden Merit Award recognizes excellence in service, safety, and community responsibility.
- The Hall of Fame Award recognizes excellence in long-term industry efforts.
- The Distinguished Service Award recognizes special contributions made to pupil transportation contracting.
- The Thomas Built Buses, Inc., Continuing Education and Professional Growth Grant is given to a member contractor or staff to support continuing education.
- The Outstanding Driver Service Award is given to a school bus driver who has demonstrated exemplary safety performance and a commitment to excellence.
- The Outstanding School Transportation Administrator Award recognizes school transportation administrators who share our commitment to the safe transportation of our nation's school children.
- The Go Yellow, Go Green Award was created to recognize a leader in the school bus industry who has demonstrated initiative and commitment in pursuing positive responses to growing environmental concerns. A single award may be presented annually to the NSTA member who, through corporate practice and industry leadership, best demonstrates the principles of NSTA’s Go Yellow, Go Green campaign.
- The Meritorious Service Award recognizes an individual who has displayed unparalleled vision, support and leadership toward improving pupil transportation safety and promotion of NSTA and the school bus industry.
- COMING SOON! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when nominations are being accepted. NSTA continues the Green School Bus Fleet Certification program for NSTA member contractors, and other school bus contractors wishing to be recognized for their efforts in striving to operate a more emissions responsible fleet.